The goal is to provide the best foundation for your child by addressing their:
- Gut health – how much have we heard of the gut-brain-axis connection these days? The gut and the brain are intimately connected. No one will be able to achieve their best if they are constipated, have loose stools, abdominal discomfort, or pain. Especially a non-verbal child
- Anxiety and mental health – how can anyone make gains if they are anxious, depressed, stressed, in a constant state of arousal or indeed have multiple underlying conditions?
- Immune regulation – there is extraordinarily strong evidence for inflammation in the brain of these children. Also, a dysfunctional immune system leading to autoimmune conditions and allergies affecting neurodevelopment
- Nutrition and optimal diet – at a time when children are rapidly growing and developing, how much sense does it make to feed them with some of the worst processed food available on supermarket shelves! Picky eaters, have they been assessed for an underlying medical issue? Nutritional deficiencies and nutritional disease is highly prevalent in these children
- Exercise – our ancestors were in constant motion hunting and gathering and learning from their environment. There is no lack of evidence for the benefits of exercise. Yet a sedentary lifestyle and an addiction to screen time has slowly dominated our children’s lives.
- Sound sleep – so important for a child’s development, yet so elusive for some children. Improving a child’s sleep has not only benefits for the child, but the parent as well. Nothing like being able to sleep through the night, rather than having to stay up with a child who is upset or ready to play while everyone else is asleep!
Up to now we are not “fixing” or “curing” your child – we are just providing them with the best support so that they can live a full and independent life.
Some may lose their diagnosis along the way, but that does not change who they are. A child that improves and no longer meets the diagnostic criteria for ASD or ADHD, is not “cured”, often they still have some underlying traits, but they are the beneficial traits that some like to call their “superpower”. Others improve and still have their diagnosis, but their quality of life is such that they can lead happy and fulfilling lives.
We are simply helping children become the best version that they can be of themselves!
These children never cease to amaze me of what they can achieve given the right support.